Be Flood Prepared
- When flooding occurs
- Protect your property
- Maintain drains around your property
- Check whether you're covered in the event of a flood
- Have a family or business flood plan
- Consider installing flood protection products
- Additional preparation for a risk of flooding
- Safe driving
- Further information
- Be Flood Prepared
- Your Area
- Your Area Menu
Maps & Data
Information on Flood Maps
- What are flood maps?
- How are flood maps developed?
- Will the flood maps be updated and could they change?
- What if I disagree with the flood maps?
- If my property is in a flood map, what does that mean?
- How accurate are the flood maps?
- Why are there no flood maps for my area?
- Flood map disclaimer
- Information on Flood Maps
Types of Flooding
- River (Fluvial) Flooding
- Sewer Flooding
- Groundwater Flooding
- Surface Water (Pluvial) Flooding
- Coastal Flooding
- Who is responsible for protection against flooding?
- What are the main sources of flood risk on the Isle of Man?
- Is my property at risk of flooding?
- My home is in imminent danger of flooding, what should I do?
- I live in a Flood Zone, how should I prepare?
- What flood protection products should I use?
- Where can I get sandbags?
- Does the Government provide grant aid funding to aid flood protection for properties?
- Can I carry out flood protection works on my section of river?
- What is meant by a 1 in 100-year flood risk?
- Where can I find weather updates?
- Why don’t we use impounding reservoirs for flood storage?
- What strategy is currently in place for flooding?
- What if I have information about past floods?
- Is there a ‘flood season’?
- Can dredging help with flood risk management?
- What is the Department of Infrastructure doing with regard to dredging?
- Can I remove gravel and silt from my section of river?
- Types of Flooding
- Report a Problem or Incident
- About Us
- Page not found
About this site
- How we ask you to share your personal information
- Why we ask you to share you personal information
- Legal bases for processing your information
- Types of personal information we collect about you
- Information we collect automatically
- How long do we keep your personal information
- Protecting your information
- Sharing the information we collect about you
- Your rights