As a planning applicant, you may need to carry out a flood risk assessment for your proposed development site.

Check if you are in a flood zone.  

The Planning policy statement documents provide guidance on what information may be required from applicants in-order for applications to be assessed.

You’ll usually need to pay a flood risk specialist to carry out the flood risk assessment for you, but you may be able to do it yourself if it’s for a simple, low risk development. If you’re unsure please contact us for further advice.

To access the Isle of Man Government’s planning applications service please follow the below link: 

Planning applications